9/18/2010

Card Show and ROCTOBER HERE WE COME!

I've been thinking about trying to connect with local cardboard freaks like myself. Since I've moved to Denver, I haven't sniffed out the closest card shops. In fact I've never even been inside a card shop before. So I searched online and found out Denver Autographs was putting on a card show in Westminster which is not too far from downtown Denver. Since the Rockies game wasn't televised today......THEY ROLLED ALL OVER THE DODGERS by the way......I decided to check it out. I wandered around and asked a lot of questions. Most people were really nice and helpful. One guy in particular named Christian, had tons of cards and information about a local shop called Mike's Stadium Sportscards. He told me about nights collectors meet to trade cards and they even have group breaks sometimes. We exchanged emails and I'm looking forward to maybe meeting some people. Here's what I picked up today.

2007 Bowman's Best Troy Tulowitzki Auto RC


2005 Zenith Ubaldo Jimenez RC


2005 Throwback Threads Ubaldo Jimenez RC


Rockies are on fire!
ROCTOBER HERE WE COME!

3 comments:

  1. Great story Shellie, I was happy to talk to you and look forward to seeing you again in October. GO ROCKIES!!!

    Christian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story, was happy to meet you and talk shop about sports. GO ROCKIES!

    Christian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you would like Mike's shop, been around since I moved out here 15 years ago, he is a pretty cool guy and knows tons about cards, be sure to sign up for email newsletter, lot's of info in them.

    -Chris

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails