10/14/2010

I Forgot I even Had These

I always like finding things I forgot I even had! These are pretty cool books of vintage baseball cards from the 30's, 40's, and 50's. They are pages of perforated reprints and are great to look at. I wish I had the originals of these cards!  The copyright date is 1977. I think I might have paid $3.00 for both of these books. I looked online and they are still available from Dover Publications in Mineola, N.Y. for a couple of bucks. Here's the front and back cover of one book.



These are pages inside








These Triple Headers are awesome! I love they way they put pictures together with the caricature bodies!


This is the index of players from the first book.


The second book looks like this. Reprints from the 1953 Bowman Set.



Here's the index of players in this collection.








These pictures bring back memories of the good old days.........okay.........I actually wasn't born in those good old days so I'll have to take that back. I just thought it would sound all nostalgic and shit.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails