10/03/2010

A Long Overdue Light Bulb Moment

For some time now I've been aware of one error card found in the 1990 Donruss set. The Juan Gonzalez reverse negative photo on the front of the card. I will admit I could never figure out exactly what reverse negative meant..............long pause........waiting for the laughing and OMG's to stop........
While looking through my Gonzalez collection, I had a light bulb moment!



Okay, maybe it was more like this

I finally get it!


Here's some random cards that didn't need me to have a light bulb moment to realize that they are just plain funny!




 These two sort of required a mild light bulb moment



Looking at these two cards, I found it odd that they would put pitchers on the front of a baseball card as they were batting. 
Not much explanation on the Pettitte card, but on the back of Zambrano's card it reads like this:

On this day, Carlos Zambrano proved he can do it all. The volatile Cubs right-hander flashes his varied talents in a 2-1 Cubs win against the Reds at Great American Ballpark, throwing 6.2 shutout innings with seven strikeouts while giving up just two hits and walking five for the 100th win of his career. But he also did damage at the plate, belting a fifth-inning solo shot off Reds starter Michah Owings for the 18th home run of his career.

I know Zambrano has a history of throwing tantrums and destroying dugouts. I've heard he may have had a long overdue light bulb moment and has gotten himself into anger management counseling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails